I have worked in the regeneration and development business for over
thirty five years and have been been advising clients from the private,
voluntary sectors since 1998. To download a copy of
my CV, click here (87kB PDF
Executive roles up to 1998 included:
Recent training and coaching activity has included:
- Chief Executive of North Kensington City
Challenge, running a widely based £150m programme with particular
emphasis on housing renewal, the creation of community facilities and
support for employment in the creative and cultural industries.
Director of Trafalgar House
Business Parks, running a portfolio of major business park
schemes, and leading the company's involvement in large mixed use
schemes through Ideal Homes Developments.
Director of Greater London Enterprise,
a venture capital and
property development business owned by London Boroughs. Managing
Director of GLE(Properties) Ltd which was a major development and
investment business focusing on employment schemes.
Consultancy roles - mostly undertaken as a expert sub contractor to a major practice - have included:
- PAS Courses on Viability
- PAS Courses on developing a CIL and CIL Viability Studies
- In house training for local authorities
- In house training for major consultancies
- Preparing the forthcoming online course on development viability for the RTPI
- Conference lectures and seminars for inter alia the RICS and RTPI.
Infrastructure and Planning Contributions Studies (as sub contractor to Roger Tym & Partners unless stated)
- Melton Mowbray Sustainable Urban Extension Study (With Halcrow)
- Newhaven Docks for Lewes D.C. (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Environment Agency (With Arup)
- Adastral Park Redevelopment proposals for South Suffoldk D.C (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Lincolnshire Lakes (With Halcrow)
- Felixstowe & Trimley Brownfield Land study (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Nash Mills for Dacorum D.C. (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Mereham for East Cambs D.C. (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Braintree (For Employment Land Review, with Arup)
- Clacton AAP Opportunity Sites (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Cambridge C.C. Various
- Pennbury for Cherwell D.C. (With Halcrow)
- Peterborough (Ditto)
- SEEDA - Various
- Market Harborough and Rotherham Markets (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Thetford. New workspace for Keystone Trust
- East Bristol. New workspace (for Bristol East Side Traders)
- West London Employment Sites for Lodon Development Agency (With Llewelyn Davies)
- Grantham, residential site (With Hewdon)
- Reading Station Quarter for Reading Borough Council (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Hastings. for Hastimngs B.C. New technology & media sector space.
- Convoy's Wharf for L.B. Lewisham (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Felixstowe key sites (With Roger Tym & Partners)
- Clacton ditto.
- Ashford - Various.
Development Procurement (Direct Contract unless stated)
- Vauxhall Nine Elms Battersea Development Infrastrcuture Funding Study
- Colchester B.C. CIL Evidence Base
- Cheshire West & Chester Council Planning Contributions Study
- Central Lincolnshire Infrastructure Viability Study
- Harlow Infrastructure Study
- Scarborough Infrastructure & Planning Contributions Study
- Rutland County Council Planning Contributions SPD
- The Cost and Funding of Growth in The South East (For South East Counties)
- Cambridge S106 Stdies (Several)
- H.M. Treasury
- Ashford B.C.
- Hertfordshire C.C.
- Leicestershire C.C.
- Rutland C.C.
- West of England Partnership
- Harlow D.C.
- Haven Gateway partnership
- Truro D.C. (With Three Dragons)
- Taunton D.C. (With three Dragons)
- Aylesbury Vale Advantage (With Three Dragons)
- Huntingdon D.C.
- Chelmsford D.C.
Delivery Stratgies for Masterplans
Interim Development Management of English Partnerships
developments in London's Royal Docks, (incl negotiating terms for 'Excel')
- Mixed residential, office & community space development in North Kensington
- Advice to L.B. Ealing on redevelopment of Southall Gas Works (With Tribal)
- Advice to L.B. Ealing on redevelopment of Park Royal Gateway (With Tribal)
- Advice to L.B. Newham on major redevelopment at Canning Town
- Advice to L.B. Merton on redevelopment of Mitcham Town Centre
- Advive to Gravesend B.C. on 'Heritage Quarter' scheme.
- Park Royal workspace. For Park Royal Partnership
- East Sussex C.C. Workspace procurement.
- Leicestershire C. Workspace procurement
- Akeler plc. Advice of development at Royal Docks
- Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft URC (With Halcrow)
- Leaside for London Develeopment Agency (with URS)
- Leigh Park Havant (With Llewleyn Davies)
- Harold Hill for L.B Romford (With Llewelyn Davies)
- Aylesbury (With Arup)
- Houghton Regis (With Halcrow)
- Maidstone (With Urban Initiatives)
- Bridgewater (With Gillespie's)
- Derriford for Plymouth C.C. (With Llewelyn Davies)
- Toxteth for Liverpool C.C. (With Llewelyn Davies)
- Shoeburyness for Southend B.C. (With Halcrow)
- Archway for L.B. Islington (With AZ Urban Studio)
Non executive Directorships
Service as an 'expert' Non
Executive Director of Vauxhall Regeneration Company, a private sector
led SRB delivery vehicle (1998-2002).
- etc limited, a
'Inner City 100' company providing conferencing and training venues in
Central London (1998-2003).
© Michael Beaman
Tel: 079 44 00 6891 email: email@example.com